Four arrested in Medowie brawl

Posted August 16th, 2019 by admin and filed in 南京夜网
Comments Off on Four arrested in Medowie brawl

UPDATE:
Nanjing Night Net

AN ARRANGED fight between two women is believed to have sparked a violent brawl in Medowie that led to the arrest of three people at the weekend.

Three Medowie men, aged 18, 20 and 40, were charged with affray following a brawl in Coachwood Drive on Sunday, September 28.

A 16-year-old Karuah girl will also be cautioned under the Young Offender Act in relation to the incident.

As the charges were laid, police were still investigating an incident which occurred about 9.10pm on Saturday at the same Coachwood Drive house.

Police said five youths in a white Commodore sedan pulled up at the house on Saturday, allegedly forced themselves inside and terrorised the four occupants.

The front door of the house was kicked in and property inside the house smashed.

The youths left before police arrived.

The following day, about 4.40pm, two carloads of people pulled up at the house.

A violent brawl broke out between the occupants of the house and those from the cars, a wooden chair allegedly smashed and the legs brandished as a weapon.

It is believed the two incidents stemmed from a fight arranged between two women earlier in the week, which was held at Boyd Oval.

Police arrived after Sunday’s brawl had broken up. Officers later went to a Maple Close residence and interviewed its occupants.

The three Medowie men charged were issued court attendance notices and will appear in Raymond Terrace Local Court on October 27.

​INITIAL REPORT:

THREE people, including a 16-year-old girl, will appear in court next month following an alleged violent brawl in Medowie on Sunday.

About 4.30pm on September 28, police were called to Coachwood Drive on reports a brawl had broken out between eight people, including two teenage girls, in the front yard of a house.

It is understood a wooden chair was smashed with the legs allegedly brandished as a weapon.

By the time police arrived two carloads of people had left the scene, police said.

Paramedics were called and treated a boy, 16, for minor injuries.

Officers searched the area and arrested two 16-year-old females and two men, aged 18 and 40.

All four were taken to Raymond Terrace Police Station.

Both men and one 16-year-old girl were charged with affray and given conditional bail to face Raymond Terrace Local Court on October 27.

The second teenage girl will be issued with a caution under the Young Offenders Act.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Comments are closed.